Senior Injury Prevention Program
The Senior Injury Prevention Program (SIPP) is a program of the Alameda County Emergency Medical Services Agency designed to reduce preventable injuries among the older population in Alameda County, and raise awareness around the need for injury prevention programs for older adults. With significant projected growth in the senior population of Alameda County, SIPP is a vital program designed to help reduce morbidity and mortality. SIPP provides valuable information for seniors, health care providers, case managers, service providers, emergency responders, and policy makers.
Are you interested in having our staff come to your organization to deliver a presentation on Senior Injury Prevention? Complete and submit the form linked below and our staff will contact you.
Senior Injury Prevention Presentation Request Form
- Alameda County Fall Prevention Resource Guide for Older Adults
- Fall Prevention Tips
- Foot Health for Seniors
- Home Safety Checklist
Motor Vehicle Safety:
- Foundation for Osteoporosis Research and Education
- Laurel Zien, M.A., G.C., Eldercare Coach and Educator
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Rebuilding Together Oakland
- Senior Helpers, Berkeley
- Senior Support Program of the Tri Valley
- Spectrum Community Services
- Vital Link Emergency Response Systems
2023 SIPP Forum Materials
Addressing Loneliness and Isolation Medically and with a Public Health Lens - Dr. Carla M Perissinotto, M.D., M.H.S.
2023 SIPP Forum Recordings
2019 SIPP Conference Materials (April 18, 2019)
- The Art of Healthy Eating, Mary Louise Zernicke, MS, MPH, RD, CSG, Senior Nutritionist Alameda County.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Clinical Implications for Fall Prevention, Adam G. Riner, MSN, RN, AGCNS-BC, CHPN, Director of Care Management, Eldercare Services, Walnut Creek.
2018 SIPP Conference Materials (March 16, 2018)
- Keynote Presentation- Mindfulness Training, Micheal Pope
- Sleep in Seniors, Christina Walsh, PhD
- Working Injury Prevention Programs, Sharing the Successes of Alameda County Based Programs:
Center for Elders Independence, Aaron McPherson, DPT, MBA & Sadiya Kazi, MS, OTR/L
DayBreak Adult Care Centers, Carolyn Mariru Kojima
- Stop the Bleed, Erica Peters Blauuw, MS, RN, ACNP-BC
- Fall Prevention for Community Dwelling Older Adults, Erica Pitsch, PT, MPT, DPT, MCS